Friday 27 November 2015

Eating Vegan in Liverpool... The old hardware shop




If you're veggie or vegan living in Liverpool and you haven't visited The old hardware shop yet, you need to go asap! Seriously, this cafe is like a dream come true.

-

The cafe is easily found, situated on the right side of the road as you first enter Woolton Village (opposite The Elephant pub). It is surrounded by the picturesque sandstone houses and the huge flower arrangements that colour the street. The cafe itself is beautifully decorated, with bright walls that display a diverse mix of paintings and vintage ornaments. There is a range of large tables and comfy benches both downstairs and up on the pretty mezzanine.




We made our way up the stairs and found a comfy little table on the mezz, overlooking the cafe and the passing traffic of the busy road it's the perfect place for avid people watchers, like myself, to sit and observe. Each table has a unique pair of salt and pepper shakers and the art on the walls is all animal related (what more could you want!). It was hard to decide on what we wanted to eat with such an extensive menu! Everything is vegetarian and almost everything can be veganised, it really is exciting having so much to choose from and I even struggled deciding what flavour milkshake I wanted!

-

Mike ordered a soya latte to warm him up and I had the amazing banana milkshake, I felt like a kid again with the cream, sprinkles and even a glace cherry. The service was amazing and our food arrived to the table really quick, I was even teased by the smell of my "meatball" sub cooking as I waited!
Mike was presented with his amazing "pepperoni", pizza hot dog first and I was extremely jealous until my "meatball" sub quickly followed.
The food is heavenly, my sub was filled with a variety of vegan cheeses, a delicious Italian tomato sauce and the most convincing faux "meatballs" I've ever tasted!





Sadly we were way to full to sample the cakes that they had to offer and later on that evening we kicked ourselves for not getting them to take away! They also have a wide selection of chocolates and treats to buy near the till and if I had more money I would have bought everything!

-

The old hardware shop is amazing, stunning food and lovely, helpful staff! Now it's my goal to buy one of the pretty houses in the Village and eat here every day, a girl can dream right!






Instagram @wolvesandflames

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wolves and Flames. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig