Friday 18 December 2015

2015 Recap


2015 has been the most incredible as well as the most difficult year of my life.
I've stepped outside of my comfort zone, learnt a few life lessons and it's been quite the journey. I thought this post would be a good way to look back and remember some of the things that I've been through in this crazy year!

Got a new job
At the very beginning of the year I started my new job and I was able to hang up my McDonald's cap for the last time (lol). I absolutely love working at the climbing hangar and within the last year I've been able to find a really great balance of working, blogging and relaxing. I'm a lucky girl.

Started blogging consistently
My new years resolution was to take my blogging more serious and consistently put out content. I'm proud to say that I have stuck to it and have only had a few breaks throughout the year (and I felt guilty for each hiatus). I'm so grateful for everyone who has read and supported me with this blog and I'm excited to see where I can go and how it will grow...

Sprained my ankle
I injured my ankle by jumping off the wall when I was climbing and I had a tough couple of months recovering, it sucked not being able to go to work or walk with the dog! It's taken me a while to get my confidence back with climbing because I'm still pretty scared of getting another injury and the restrictions it brings, but it definitely helped me to improve in other areas of my fitness when I couldn't use my ankle!


Tried modelling
It's been a long process but I've been on a quest to be more confident, more spontaneous and more of a "yes" man. I met a very talented photographer and when he asked me if I would be interested in modelling I pushed myself to say yes and give it a go!
Although I'm still rather shy and often unphotogenic (I definitely need to work on posing!), I'm glad I've tried something new and I've had fun and met some amazing people.

Moved in to our new house
The hardest part of my year has been our housing situation. We planned on buying our first home and in the process we had several mortgage meetings at the bank and viewed and made offers on several properties. Each offer was rejected or outbid or ignored and we were left feeling deflated and slightly annoyed. The situation became even more dramatic when everyone in our building received eviction letters and we were left in a panic.
I know now that it was a blessing in disguise, the flat was in a sorry state, covered in damp and the landlord had no interest in fixing any of the problems. We ended up moving in to my Dad's back room for a few weeks until we found our lovely new house. Who knows, maybe 2016 will be the year that we buy our first home, but for now I'm content renting our little two up, two down terrace.

Cut my hair
After almost having panic attacks over getting an inch off my hair I thought it was finally time to face my fears and get a proper hair cut! Over the last few months I've gone from having hair down my back to my current bob and I love it! It's pretty addictive so maybe I'll keep going shorter and shorter!




Got braces
I've been wanting to sort my teeth out for so long and in July I took the big step and finally got braces! It's one of the best decisions I've ever made and I'm so much more confident now around people (no more covering my mouth when I smile!). I've written a blog post here with all of the details and the fitting process so check that out if you want more information or any advice!

Struggled with my anxiety
After having a bit of a breakdown over the summer I wrote this blog post/rant talking about my ongoing battle with my anxiety and how it has impacted my life. I think it will be near impossible to completely overcome my anxious ways, but I'm seeing improvements every day so I will give myself a pat on the back!

-

That was all of the main events that happened in my life this year and it's crazy looking back at how fast it all happened! I'm so excited for Christmas now, the next week is certainly going to be a busy one...

Thanks for reading!

Instagram @wolvesandflames

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wolves and Flames. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig