Sunday 6 March 2016

Crust... Eating Vegan in Liverpool




Sorry that I haven't written a post for the "Eating Vegan in Liverpool" series in a while. I've been getting serious about saving money and that has sadly meant less dining out!
However, I had no choice but to take a trip to Crust when recently they shared that vegan cheese is now available to be added to their amazing pizza's!

Bold Street is fast becoming the hub of world cuisine in Liverpool and I was excited when Crust opened and an authentic Italian restaurant was set to join the offerings.
We visited early in the evening and yet the restaurant was already filled with energy from the diners and there was a steady stream of people coming and going with takeaway boxes of pizza.
The decor is modern and cool, there is an intimate feel in the place with the chefs being on full view in the beautiful open kitchen tucked away in the back.

-

We were seated by our bubbly waitress and she was extremely helpful and knowledgeable when we mentioned being Vegan. We were told how most of the menu can be easily adapted to our dietary requirements and considering that mentioning the word Vegan doesn't often go down well, it was a nice relief.

We ordered the classic bruschetta to start, traditionally wood fired bread, topped with cherry tomatoes, oregano, garlic and extra virgin olive oil. Such a simple dish, but so much flavour!
I found the same with all of Crust's dishes, they take simple fresh ingredients and it allows you to experience the flavours with such intensity!



For our main we both ordered the marinara pizza with the addition of vegan cheese. As the name suggests, Crust stands out from other pizza places because of their exciting selection of pizza bases. They have original, five grain, organic and what we opted for, black dough! Our pizza's arrived promptly, fresh from the wood fired oven.
The tomato sauce is seriously incredible and mixed with the garlic and oregano, I was blown away!

-

I was so glad that I chose the black dough base, I wasn't expecting it to have so much flavour but it was delicious! Also, it is made from a healthy vegetable charcoal that helps with digestion and detoxifies the body (so it's a win win)!

Having the option for vegan cheese was a nice change, in most restaurants it can feel like you're burdening staff by being vegan, but at Crust they are  passionate about catering for everyone, including gluten free! There are also vegan ice cream options, sadly we were too full so next time I will make sure I have room for dessert! 





I absolutely loved the food and my boyfriend even said that Crust is his new favourite place to eat! Considering how impressive the food is, the prices are reasonable and I highly reccomend visiting Crust to try it for yourself!

I hope you enjoyed the post, let me know if you have any suggestions of places that I should eat at and review next!



Instagram @wolvesandflames




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Wolves and Flames. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig